Research & Assessments
Centre of Excellence for Rural Development carry considerable experience in research surveys, assessments and evaluation studies. It has successfully demonstrated its ability and capacity of conducting researches. During the last five years, we carried out need assessment surveys, evaluations, baselines, KAP surveys, TNAs and consultations for leading international and local agencies including, RAHA-UNDP, UNHCR, GIZ, ICIMOD, IRC, PVDP and ASF. We have a specialized team dedicated to research, its documentation and reporting in a timely and quality fashion. Our library of publications has built over time with wide range of researches and reports that we use for internal project planning, learning and also share them with wider humanitarian and development community. Following is the list of recent assignments completed by the Organization.
- Beneficiary Perception Survey at Khar Township of Bajaur Agency for World Bank Pakistan during 2016.
- Health Impact Survey at 38 villages from 5 Tehsils of Bajaur Agency for FATA Secretariat during 2015.
- End of the Project Impact Study at project villages of district Nowshera for PVDP during 2013.
- Major Infrastructure Assessment study 2012 in Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas (RAHA) in 23 UCs of District Peshawar for RAHA-UNDP.
- End of Project Evaluation Study of Community Empowerment and Livelihood Improvement Project for Pakistan Village Development Program (PVDP).
- Baseline Study of Farmers Enterprise Groups in horticulture and livestock in district Dera Ismail Khan for Agri Business Support Fund (ASF).
- Baseline Study of Community Physical Infrastructure Schemes, On-farm and Off- farm enterprises and Micro Hydro Power Stations in district Shangla.
- 12 different Basic needs and Damage Assessment surveys after 2010 floods conducted for UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and other donors.
- Disaster Preparedness and Risk Management study and support in partnership with GIZ, ICIMOD and University of Peshawar.
- Assessment Study for strengthening of Civil Defense Volunteer Systems in district Peshawar.
- Mapping and Assessment Study to identify unvaccinated mothers and new-borns in district Peshawar.
- Damage Needs Assessment done in Swat, Buner and Dir upper and lower.
- More than 20 baseline studies for different projects like Child Protection, WASH, General Protection, Community Physical Infrastructures etc.
Collaboration, partnerships and networks with other organizations
Projects implemented in collaboration with other organizations
- CERD in collaboration with Al Falah Development Foundation (ADF) implemented a vocational training program for flood affected population of UC Pushtoon Garhi, District Nowshera in 2010
- We implemented a livelihood project in 2010-12 for war affected population of Mula Gori, Khyber Agency in collaboration with Khair Khegara Tanzeem (KKT) with the support of GIZ.
- CERD implemented a livelihood project in 2010-12 for war affected population of FR Peshawar in close association with our local partner DEWAH, with the support of GIZ