Centre of Excellence for Rural Development (CERD) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization registered with Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) under section 42 of the Companies’ Ordinance 1984. CERD is also Pakistan Centre of Philanthropy certified CSO and registered with Economic Affair Division (EAD) government of Pakistan. CERD is amongst the leading not for profit organizations in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Newly merged Districts (Ex-FATA) with diverse range of portfolios and partnerships in number of sectors.
COVID-19 Pandemic Response
CERD, in an effort to effectively cope with the COVID-19 pandemic, took the following steps:
- Rapid Need Assessment and food assistance to 4156 Families at district Swabi.
- Designing Printing and dissemination of IEC material for awareness raising and prevention measures in current pandemic for Merged Districts.
- Awareness and Prevention drives through CERD official Social Media Pages, Website and SMSs.
- Psycho Social Support initiative for All over Khyber Pakhtunkhwa including newly merges districts.
- Hiring of an experienced Psychiatrist
- Establishment of advisory Help line.
CERD has extensive experience of working in districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa including Hangu, Bannu, Lower Dir, Upper Dir, Swat, Shangla, Buner, Malakand, Swabi, Mardan, Charsadda, Nowshera, Peshawar, Kohat, D.I Khan, Karak, Laki Marwat, Tribal Districts (NWA, SWA, Kurram, Orakzai, Khyber and Mohmand) and Frontier Regions.
Since its inception, CERD has emerged as one of the major and key humanitarian partner to UN Agencies and international organizations. It has been implementing Gender and Human Rights Protection, Community Services, Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Community Physical Infrastructure, Livelihood, Child Protection, Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Education, Disaster Management, Human Resource Development, Agriculture and Livestock Programs across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and newly merged Tribal Districts.
With the financial delivery of more than US$ 29 million in the last decade, CERD is managing 200 qualified and experienced managerial and support staff and has a network of its offices across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and newly merged Tribal Districts. We enjoy excellent working relationship with the GoP, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa at provincial as well as district level.
CERD is also an active member of:
1. Human Resource Development Network (HRDN) and participates in all its activities and forums.
2. Pakistan Centre of Philanthropy (PCP).
3. Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI) Islamabad.
4. Trainers Network, Islamabad.
5. All humanitarian clusters KPK and TDs (Ex-FATA).
Feel free to register your complaints/suggestion here.